In New AREVA, the AREVA Projects Business Unit (AP) brings together nuclear fuel cycle engineering expertise to serve the group’s facilities and external customers. Its services range from Operational Support Engineering to full Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Management (EPCM) missions. AP represents:
- A team of 1,500 professionals worldwide,
- On the Nuclear fuel cycle; Mining, Uranium chemistry, Enrichment, Spent fuel recycling, Dismantling and Waste management,
- Including Non-fuel cycle Nuclear Engineering, New Builds, and other non-nuclear applications,
- AP embodies more than 50 years' experience in the design, construction and operation of one-of-a-kind facilities
In this regard, under the EPCM umbrella, AP offers services at high levels of experience and seniority. AREVA Projects UK is the AP platform in the UK which integrates the engineering and consultancy businesses.
One of our main focuses now is to grow the Engineering team and we are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Mechanical discipline team. Based in our new Warrington office on Birchwood Park, we are looking for top-quality people who welcome responsibility and are keen to lead technical studies on projects or bids. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will integrate operational, multi-disciplined engineering teams to deliver projects at various phases, from FEED to commissioning, or to assist Plant Operation in the UK.
The assignments will be on projects related to the following:
- Delivery and management of technical studies,
- Design of mechanical processes, from strategic and conceptual phases to detailed design and construction & commissioning phase support. Typical deliverables will be issued: technical note, substantiation notes, mechanical flow diagrams and flow-sheets, mechanical drawings, P&IDs, and mechanical layout drawings, hazards and malfunctions management, technical specification documentation review from supply chain
- Technical studies related to mechanical handling for both handling operations and heavy mechanical transfer systems, powder mechanical processes (transport, milling, and compaction) in high active environment and gloveboxes, compaction and mechanical dismantling technologies.
- Technical networking within New AREVA, including with AREVA experts.
The individual will have at least 5 years' relevant experience and a relevant Master degree. They will also have worked for UK nuclear sites, with a strong ability to deliver commercially efficient solutions. In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package (pensions and Healthcare scheme).
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or other relevant degree,
- Member of relevant professional body,
- Demonstrable experience of engineering design (development, FEED, detailed design, technical specification, documentation review from supply chain) and engineering team management in the nuclear industry or other regulated sectors,
- Demonstrable experience of mechanical studies delivery (Mechanical handling, powder technologies) considering manufacture, testing, construction commissioning, operation, maintenance recovery and decommissioning aspects,
- Demonstrable experience of contractor follow-up in the nuclear industry or other regulated sectors,
- Recognised Subject Matter Expert (SME),
- Experience of delivering projects for Sellafield or Magnox sites (desirable).
- Ability to understand complex issues and deliver solutions,
- Good communicator, team player and leader,
- Good organisational skills,
- Effective integration with multiple teams and the overall project,
- Quality and results oriented.
We are also seeking Mechanical Engineers and Project Managers.